Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Everybody's doing it

This seems to be the thing to do when one leaves the country. I am leaving the country, so it naturally follows that I will keep a blog while I am away.
I leave for Ghana in about a month. Before I go, I will have a four day stopover in London. There, I am staying at a little hostel in Deptford called The Bird's Nest. It sounds like it will be interesting. Bands play there on the weekends, and it's in a working class neighborhood that has a reputation for being artistic.
This summer has been an experience for me. I've been at home, feeling like a bit of a friendless oaf, but this is only applicable while I am in Roanoke. In other parts of the world, I assure myself, I have plenty of friends. To pass my time I work at Bed Bath & Beyond, selling sheets and dinnerware to people who do not need anything more in life, but who feel the desperate need to spend $500 on their credit cards. I have become judgemental and petty, and have begun to dress like a dowdy Aeropostale employee. That is to say, I look very normal, but it is a boring kind of normal.
Anyway, that's about it. I have been positively horrible to my poor mother today. I am a resentful daughter. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tramadol buy tramadol online no prescription canada - cheap tramadol cod