Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Let's get out of this country!

I am leaving tomorrow! I have been walking around in a daze today, unable to focus but desperately trying to concentrate on the task ahead. At 5:44 am tomorrow morning, I will depart from Grand Rapids. My friend Brian is taking me to the airport. He assures me that it will be no inconvenience- he just won't go to bed until after he drops me off. I marvel at his version of college-aged insomnia.
This week in Grand Rapids has been good for me. I am reassured of my place in the world, and happy to be in with people who are happy to be around me. More than that, though, it has been a segue to the next step, and then the next, and finally, I will find myself in Ghana, wondering where the time went.
Really, this post is just a filler- a fluffy note to reassert the fact that I am still alive and moving.
I need to buy an address book, because I have recently realized how dependent I am upon my phone and computer to save information. I will have neither phone nor personal computer in Ghana. Yikes! It will be an adjustment, but not necessarily a bad one.

No comments: