Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Preaching to the choir (who happens to be asleep)

After yesterday's rant, I'm due for a light and fluffy, 1-paragraph post. Here it is.

This morning at 5:40am, I was woken up by the sound of a woman shouting. At first I thought that it was someone talking in the hall outside my room, but then I realized that she was preaching. Loudly. I went to my balcony and said "tst! tst!" and she looked up. "It's very early. I am trying to sleep." She said "Oh, I am disturbing you?" Yes, you idiot. It's 5:40am. This is NOT an effective evangelism tool! Anyway, she moved a little ways down the building and finished up with a sinner's prayer and I giggled with my roommate and fell back to sleep.

1 comment:

thebestjokever said...

I'm very bad at commenting it seems. But i read, pretty diligently. It could be that you're so interesting or that i have so much time on my hands. Who knows. But I do miss you ( there isn't an audrey figure in my life). And it's true, in grand rapids if we were in an unsafe situation but then we said that audrey was there, people would calm down and know that it ended safely.
Boys make the world unsafe. We need boys to protect us from boys, why don't they take care of the problem and deal with the boys, say they can't go out at certain times, and leave us womenfolk alllloooonnneee?

peace. take care